Cosmetic dentistry procedures have the potential to enhance and even transform your smile. Fortunately, the options offered by cosmetic dentistry Chicago-based professionals are now more plentiful and affordable than ever.
While most people in the greater Chicago area have personal reasons to seek cosmetic dentistry and create their best smile, the following list details the expected benefits a new smile brings –
Long-lasting Results & Customized Treatment Options
- Dental Implants – permanent solutions for missing teeth
- Crowns – also known as dental caps, offer a prosthetic device (that sits above the gum line) that helps restore a decayed/damaged tooth.
- Inlays/Onlays – although similar to a filling, as both repair a damaged tooth, an inlay is custom-made in a lab from digital images or a dental impression. Onlays cover a larger tooth area than an inlay.
- Teeth Whitening- brightens your smile by removing discoloration and stains.
- Dental Bonding – repairing chips and flaws by adding a tooth-colored composite made of resin.
- Porcelain Veneers – custom-made shells made from porcelain that cover imperfections and misalignments. The result is a more uniform smile.
- Invisalign – a type of transparent orthodontic treatment that is an alternative to traditional braces that move teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry can be customized and tailored to meet your dental objectives and needs. One ofå the best features of cosmetic dental procedures is that they are designed to provide long-lasting results – if they receive ongoing maintenance and care. In fact, with appropriate care and routine maintenance, cosmetic dentistry options like the following have the potential to bring years of bright smiles –
And for those interested, it is often a smart idea to fix/enhance several cosmetic dental issues at once – known as a cosmetic smile makeover.
Improved Aesthetics – The Smile You Want
Cosmetic dentistry can address a variety of dental imperfections, such as stained or discolored teeth, chipped or cracked teeth, misaligned teeth, gaps between teeth, and more. By correcting these issues, cosmetic dentistry can help you achieve a balanced smile that helps boost your confidence.
Improved Functionality & Oral Health
While much of the focus on cosmetic dental procedures is understandably on the significant improvements that can be made to your smile, the reality is that cosmetic dentistry options in Chicago are also helpful in improving the functionality of your teeth. For example, cosmetic dentistry can help by –
- Correcting misaligned teeth – this will likely improve the alignment of your bite. This makes it easier to chew correctly – ultimately improving digestion.
- Replacing or restoring damaged teeth, which can help improve your ability to enunciate/speak more comfortably.
Dental restorations, which may refer to dental crowns or dental veneers, can strengthen damaged teeth and protect them from further decay or damage.
Emotional & Psychological Benefits/Enhanced Confidence
One of cosmetic dentistry’s primary benefits is the incredible boost to one’s self-confidence that the result can bring.
- Boost your self-confidence in professional and social interactions/situations.
- A reduction in unnecessary self-consciousness.
- An improvement in your mood – ultimately helping to enhance the quality of your life overall.
It’s important, before making any final decisions, to speak/consult with a qualified cosmetic dental professional so you have the opportunity to learn about your options and find answers to your questions and concerns. Your dazzling Chicago smile awaits.