It goes without saying ― every senior wants to leave his or her legacy behind after graduating. Ultimately, there’s no better way to do so than with one of these well-thought-out inspirational yearbook quotes!
While going through my old yearbook, I decided to compile a list of my all-time favorite quotes. Some of my classmates used lines by anonymous authors, while others chose to quote a celebrity, so there’s plenty to choose from.
So, whether you’d like to leave a witty or thoughtful message, these quotes will ensure that you’re remembered long after you’ve graduated. Moreover, reading them might even inspire you to come up with a saying of your own!
38 Inspirational Yearbook Quotes You’ll Love
Funny and Inspirational Yearbook Quotes by Unknown Authors
1. “We have our memories, now let’s go make the future.”
2. “You are the author of your future.”
3. “Dare to dream, dare to take action, and success will be yours!”
4. “Life is too short to be ordinary, go be extraordinary!”
5. “May the years to come be as good as the years that we just finished.”
6. “No matter what you do, no matter where you go, be happy and do your best for the coming years are our best quest.”
7. “We just finished our wonder years, now is the time for our achievement years.”
8. “Live for the moments you can’t put into words.”
9. “If at first you don’t succeed, do it like your mother told you.”
10. “The three C’s in life: choice, chance, change. You must make the choice to take the chance if you want anything in life to change.”
Inspirational Yearbook Quotes by Famous People
11. “Invest in yourself. Become the best you can possibly be.” ― William Scaec
12. “Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can.” ― Lowell Thomas
13. “You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ― Jim Carrey
14. “Practice looking forward to possibilities.” ― Shadonna Richards
15. “Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will accomplish them.” ― Warren G. Bennis
16. “Your destiny is the story of your life, and you get to tell the story your way.” ― Scott Allan
17. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ― C.S. Lewis
18. “Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.” ― Minor Myers Jr.
19. “Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi
20. “Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.” ― Les Brown
21. “Nothing in this world is impossible to a willing heart.” ― Abraham Lincoln
22. “If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.” ― Maya Angelou
Inspirational Yearbook Quotes About Following Your Dreams
23. “Focus more on your desire than on your doubt, and the dream will take care of itself.” ― Mark Twain
24. “Even the greatest was once a beginner. Don’t be afraid to take that first step.” ― Muhammad Ali
25. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” ― Walt Disney
26. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” ― Steve Jobs
27. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” ― Confucius
28. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
29. “Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.” ― James Dean
Inspirational Yearbook Quotes That Will Spark Success
30. “If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” ― Roald Dahl
31. “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.” ― Seth Godin
32. “The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do.” ― Sarah Ban Breathnach
33. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” ― Henry David Thoreau
34. “There is nothing more beautiful than finding your course as you believe you bob aimlessly in the current. Wouldn’t you know that your path was there all along, waiting for you to knock, waiting for you to become? This path does not belong to your parents, your teachers, your leaders, or your lovers. Your path is your character defining itself more and more every day like a photograph coming into focus.” ― Jodie Foster
35. “The most important thing in your life is to live your life with integrity and to not give in to peer pressure to try to be something that you’re not.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
36. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.” ― Anatole France
37. “Take pride in how far you’ve come. Have faith in how far you can go. But don’t forget to enjoy the journey.” — Michael Josephson
38. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” — Mark Twain
Ultimately, putting a memorable quote in your yearbook is the best way to make sure your legacy lives on. Even when you grow up and have children of your own, it will be fun to share your memories with your family.
On a final note, before choosing a line, consider whether you’d like to be remembered for your whimsical sense of humor, or your intelligence, for example. Keep in mind, you only get one chance to make your mark, so feel free to use one of the inspirational yearbook quotes from this list. You can’t go wrong!