In the quest for shiny, healthy hair, there are two things you need to know:
- There’s more you can do than hope your DNA is on your side.
- It’s time to go beyond the basics and start getting creative with your hair care.
This means it’s time for some hair spiration: here are ten ways to make your hair super, according to studies:
1) Apply egg treatments to dry, unwashed hair and leave it on for five minutes before rinsing it clean. The protein will smooth the frizz and add shine!
2) For extra-soft ends, mix honey and yogurt in equal parts and apply all over for ten minutes after shampooing. Rinse off, then follow with conditioner only from mid-lengths to ends.
3) Beat tangles by applying avocado pulp (mashed up) to dry hair and gently combing through. Leave for up to two hours before shampooing.
4) Enhance glossiness by using a conditioning treatment, then blow-drying with a soft brush from roots to tips. Finish with serum if your hair is fine.
5) Get rid of knots easily by applying aloe vera gel to pre-shampooed, conditioned hair and combing through well before washing.
6) Skip the conditioner and instead use a smoothie made from banana, yogurt and avocado as a pre-shampoo treatment. Leave on for ten minutes before rinsing out – the potassium will help to prevent breakage!
7) Enhance curls by combing dry shampoo through your hair from roots to tips before bed after washing, then wrapping in a towel overnight to let it absorb excess moisture.
8) Don’t go overboard with conditioner, which can leave hair weighed down. Remember, you only need enough product to cover half of your mid-lengths and ends.
9) Be gentle when brushing wet hair with a wide-tooth comb – this will help avoid split ends and knotting.
10) Use a pea-sized amount of coconut oil on damp, towel-dried hair; this will make heat styling easier and leave hair super shiny!
Another step to take in the quest for shiny, healthy hair is to understand what type of hair you have. Carefully choose the best products that suit your hair like the best hair growth products for black women. It’ll be challenging to find the proper treatment for you. Yun Nam Hair Care treatments could be helpful if you need a good start.
Next, let’s talk about how to choose a shampoo:
You need to find the best shampoo for your hair type. Otherwise, you’ll get less than desirable results. You may not know this, but there are two types of shampoos – daily shampoo and clarifying shampoo!
If you often wash your hair (more than once a day), use daily shampoo to keep it clean. If you don’t have oily roots, clarifying shampoo is a better option – aim for one free of sulfates and parabens.
How to pick the right conditioner:
The same rules apply when choosing a conditioner – make sure you find one formulated for your specific hair type! The best conditioner for you will moisturize without weighing your hair down.
Let’s talk about how to use styling products properly:
If you want glossy hair, make sure you avoid applying too much product to the roots of your hair. If you do, it’ll weigh your hair down and leave it looking greasy.
If you cannot find suitable hair styling products on the market, you can even save yourself the hassle of using them by opting to wear wigs made from human hair. These wigs are commonplace, and no one will (and should) judge you for wearing one. Besides, nobody will notice the difference with high-quality ones.
And lastly, let’s talk about what not to do:
Avoid washing your hair every day; remember that dry shampoo will help extend the time between washes!
Tip: curly ladies first need to be extra gentle when brushing their tresses to avoid causing damage. Try avoiding brushing very wet or highly tangled hair as well! And finally, don’t overdo it with heat styling!