Our parents are, without a doubt, the most important and influential people in our lives. From the day we’re born to the day they’re no longer with us, we’ll never have more powerful allies. And these heartwarming quotes about parents celebrate just that.
There’s no one else in the world who will teach us what our parents have. For example, we’ve learned what unconditional love is from them. They’ve also shown us how to be strong, independent, and weather any hardships in life.
But that’s just the tip of the iceberg since our parents are involved in every aspect of our lives (even when we didn’t want them to be). They’re unique and irreplaceable, and we have our parents to thank for making us the people we are today.
31 Quotes About Parents to Make Us Appreciate Them More
Impactful Quotes About Parents That Show a Deeper Side of Parenthood
1. “Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes they forgive them.” ― Oscar Wilde
2. “Parents are like God because you wanna know they’re out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
3. “It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.” ― Maya Angelou
4. “The joys of parents are secret, and so are their grieves and fears.” ― Francis Bacon
5. “Parental love is the only love that is truly selfless, unconditional, and forgiving.” ― Dr. T.P.Chia
6. “Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.” ― Ann Brashares
7. “Parents are the bones on which children cut their teeth.” ― Peter Ustinov
8. “The golden rule of parenting is: do unto your children as you wish your parents had done unto you!” — Louise Hart
9. “We never know the love of a parent until we become parents ourselves.” ― Henry Ward Beecher
10. “Parents are living gods. They do everything to make their children happy and expect nothing in return.” ― Saravana Kumar Murugan
Hilarious Quotes About Parents That We Can All Relate to
11. “Have you ever noticed how parents can go from the most wonderful people in the world to totally embarrassing in three seconds?” ― Rick Riordan
12. “I think all of us are always five years old in the presence and absence of our parents.” ― Sherman Alexie
13. “Being a parent is the single greatest feeling on Earth. Not including those wonderful years I spent without a child, of course.” ― Ryan Reynolds
14. “Of course, everyone’s parents are embarrassing. It goes with the territory. The nature of parents is to embarrass merely by existing, just as it is the nature of children of a certain age to cringe with embarrassment, shame, and mortification should their parents so much as speak to them on the street. ” ― Neil Gaiman
15. “My biggest parenting conundrum: Why is it so hard to put someone who is already sleepy to sleep?” ― Chrissy Teigen
16. “Parents had some kind of sin radar, Claire thought. They always called when you were in the middle of something you just knew they’d consider wrong. Or at least risky.” ― Rachel Caine
17. “A perfect parent is a person with excellent child-rearing theories and no actual children.” ― Dave Barry
Quotes About Parents That Always Ring True
18. “All parents damage their children. It cannot be helped. Youth, like pristine glass, absorbs the prints of its handlers. Some parents smudge, others crack, a few shatter childhoods completely into jagged little pieces, beyond repair.” ― Mitch Albom
19. “First your parents, they give you your life, but then they try to give you their life.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
20. “Parenthood… It’s about guiding the next generation, and forgiving the last.” ― Peter Krause
21. “All things considered, there’s nobody better for children than parents.” ― Jordan Peterson
22. “Where parents do too much for their children, the children will not do much for themselves.” ― Elbert Hubbard
23. “Let parents bequeath to their children not riches, but the spirit of reverence.” ― Plato
Touching Quotes About Parents That Will Warm Anyone’s Heart
24. “I also believe that parents, if they love you, will hold you up safely, above their swirling waters, and sometimes that means you’ll never know what they endured, and you may treat them unkindly, in a way you otherwise wouldn’t.” ― Mitch Albom
25. “If you have one parent who loves you, even if they can’t buy you clothes, they’re so poor, and they make all kinds of mistakes and maybe sometimes they even give you awful advice, but never for one moment do you doubt their love for you; if you have this, you have incredibly good fortune. If you have two parents who love you? You have won life’s Lotto. ” ― Augusten Burroughs
26. “A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided.” ― Robert Brault
27. “They’re your parents. They’re meant to love you because. Never in spite.” ― Patrick Ness
28. “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” ― Matthew Jacobson
29. “No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us.” ― Brad Meltzer
30. “It is the sunlight of parental love and encouragement that enables a child to grow in competence and slowly gain mastery over his environment.” ― Felicity Bauer
31. “There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.” ― Henry Ward Beecher
All of us, no matter how old we are or whether we have children of our own, can do better when it comes to our parents. We have to remember that no matter what mistakes they’ve made, they were only trying to do what’s best for us.
I hope that these quotes about parents have put a smile on your face and reminded you to appreciate your parents every single day. Because, at the end of the day, there’s nothing more precious than our bond with the people who raised us and taught us what love is.